Andy represents both buyers and sellers in transactions across a variety of industries, including waste management, electronic components, general manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, health care and consumer goods.
Andy has developed an expertise in transactional advisory services in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and non-judicial restructurings and workouts. He has advised buyers of distressed assets as well as troubled companies, lenders, indenture trustees and creditor groups in both Section 363 transactions and out-of-court asset sales.
Andy provides governance and general corporate counseling to public and private companies, as well as private equity clients and their portfolio companies.
Prior to a career in law, Andy was a financial analyst at a boutique investment bank focused on providing advisory services to troubled companies and creditor groups, primarily in complex chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
He also worked in the transactions advisory services group of a Big 4 accounting firm, advising on M&A due diligence and cash flow analyses.
Before joining Calfee in 2018, he was an attorney at Squire Patton Boggs.
Andy earned his J.D. from Northwestern University in 2008 and his B.B.A. in Accountancy from University of Notre Dame in 1998.
Honors & Recognitions
Cincy Magazine, "Cincy Leading Lawyers," Mergers, Bankruptcy, 2019-2020
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2008
B.B.A., Accountancy, University of Notre Dame, 1998
He is a 1994 graduate of Archbishop Moeller High School and currently serves as the Vice President of the Moeller Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Acting as counsel to the owners of a multi-state chain of fast-casual restaurants, completing a successful section 363 sale.
- Acting as debtor’s counsel in the chapter 11 cases of two different gold mining companies operating in the Western U.S. and Canada.
- Advising the secured lender of a troubled real estate developer by analyzing collateral portfolio and imposing new credit restrictions
- Acting as indenture trustee’s counsel in numerous complex chapter 11 cases across the United States.
- Counseling a national bank in the workout and ultimate refinancing of a $90 million portfolio of loans with a distressed borrower operating in the assisted living industry.
- Advising a NYSE-listed medical equipment manufacturer and distributor on the divestiture of an overseas-based electronic components division to a competitor.
- Guiding the owner of a portfolio of mixed-use real estate assets in evaluating and preparing options for conducting a comprehensive financial restructuring.
- Regularly advising a private processor of contaminated soil, dredge sediments and other non-hazardous materials on add-on acquisitions, real property purchases and general corporate matters.
- Counseling a NASDAQ-listed company on the acquisition of a medical devices manufacturing company and an affiliated entity.
- Advising a private pet foods manufacturer in the sale of its business to a publicly-traded acquirer.
- Acting as counsel to a fintech company in the sale of convertible notes and a subsequent conversion of the notes and a Series A-2 Preferred offering.
- Advising a NYSE-listed company in numerous acquisitions, including in the materials processing and handling and consumer products industries.
- Advising the owners of a software company in the $30 million sale of the company’s stock to a NASDAQ-listed buyer.
- Counseling the owners of a pharmaceutical services company focused on the 505(b)(2) market in obtaining a significant growth investment from a private non-institutional investment firm.
- Representing a national bank regarding defaulted loans to a large, regional real estate development company, which were secured by distressed residential and commercial real estate
- Advising an unsecured creditors’ committee of a major US-based airline by analyzing business plans and merger proposals.
- Representing the Official Committee of Bondholders of a multi-billion-dollar food producer by analyzing asset sales and assisting in the development of the debtors’ plan or reorganization.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
Archbishop Moeller High School Alumni Board, Vice President
News & Events
- Cincy Magazine, 01.30.2020
- Cincy Magazine, 01.29.2019
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Private Equity
- Public Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Software and Information Technology
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Wisconsin