Alex has significant experience assisting in litigation matters involving commercial contract disputes, shareholder and corporate disputes including post-closing issues, trade secret claims, shareholder derivative actions and proxy challenges, foreign and domestic FCPA and other bribery and corruption matters, whistleblower claims, securities fraud investigations, trademark and patent litigation, and employment disputes.
While earning her J.D. in 2016 from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Alex served as Managing Editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. Alex holds a B.A., magna cum laude, in Politics, International Affairs, and Spanish, from Wake Forest University. She also studied Political Economics and Geopolitics at the Institute of Economic and Political Studies in Cambridge, UK in 2011.
Alex held a judicial externship with the Honorable Judge C. Kathryn Preston in the summer of 2014.
She worked as a Summer Associate at Calfee in 2015, where she completed a range of research and writing projects. She joined Calfee in 2016.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law (2022)
- Cleveland Jewish News 2021 Class of "12 Under 36: Members of the Tribe" Honoree (recognizing 12 young Jewish leaders who are influencing the future of Northeast Ohio through their professional and personal achievements)
J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Managing Editor, the Ohio State Law Journal, CALI award in Legal Negotiations, 2016
B.A., magna cum laude, Wake Forest University, 2013
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- 3Rs Program (Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association pipeline program to provide information to Cleveland and East Cleveland high school students to improve understanding of the law and the Constitution and provide legal career advice), Volunteer
- LegalWorks (nonprofit providing free/low-cost legal services to expunge past criminal records in order to remove the legal impediments to employment and full community participation), Volunteer
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Volunteer
News & Events
- Cleveland Jewish News,
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Russian (conversational)
- Spanish (proficient)