Mark represents businesses in a broad array of matters, including formation, governance, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, equity financings, corporate restructurings and other strategic transactions. He has experience in a wide range of industries, including information technology, manufacturing, health care, energy and consumer products.
Mark also provides general corporate counseling to clients, including commercial contract negotiation, organizational and structuring matters and succession planning.
The private equity funds with which Mark has worked include Linsalata Capital Partners, PNC Erieview Capital, CapitalWorks, MCM Capital Partners, Highview Capital, The Riverside Company, Cortec Group, Resilience Capital Partners, High Road Capital Partners and MPE Partners.
Mark has also worked on a variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions and other corporate matters for public companies such as The J. M. Smucker Company, RPM International, KeyBank and Invacare.
Mark was an associate at Jones Day from 2014 to 2018. He joined Calfee in 2019.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones To Watch," Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021-2022)
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars (2022)
J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law; Articles Editor, The Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2014
B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2011
Mark’s experience includes having represented privately held entities and private equity firms, such as:
- The Riverside Company and its portfolio companies, including the sale of Blue Microphones, a manufacturer of high-performance microphones, to Logitech; the sale of Specialized Medical Services, Inc., a provider of oxygen and clinical respiratory services, to Lincare Holdings, Inc.; the acquisition of Spirion, a provider of IT security and data privacy software; the acquisition of Shaker, a provider of SaaS-based online pre-employment assessments used by employers ranging from Fortune 500 to middle market companies; and the sale of DentalPlans.com, an online marketplace for dental and healthcare savings options.
- MPE Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of Safe Fuel Systems, LLC, a provider of testing, repair, overhaul and modification services for fuel systems, hydraulics and accessories for aircrafts; and the acquisition of DreamLine, a designer, manufacturer and marketer of premium bath and shower products.
- High Road Capital Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of Nolan Power Group, LLC, a provider of stationary power solutions.
- Resilience Capital Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of certain assets of National Label Company, a leader in the labeling industry; and the acquisition of Trialon Corporation, a provider of outsourced test engineering and technical staffing.
- Cortec Group and its portfolio companies, including the sale of Franklin Energy Services to a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co.; and the acquisition of Chauvet & Sons, a developer and marketer of branded entertainment and architectural lighting products and equipment.
- Mr. Beams, an innovator of LED lighting technology in off-grid lighting applications, in connection with its sale to Ring Inc.
- PartsSource, a provider of medical parts and supplies procurement solutions for hospitals, outpatient clinics and physician offices, in connection with its sale to Great Hill Partners.
- OEConnection, an automotive parts technology provider for original equipment manufacturers’ distribution networks, in connection with the sale of 70% of its equity to Providence Equity Partners.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, Associate Board
News & Events
- The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Calfee Ranks Among Top 33% of Law Firms in 2022 BTI Client Service A-Team List; Recognized as One of 59 Most Improved Law FirmsThe BTI Consulting Group, Inc.,
- Ohio Super Lawyers,
- Calfee Partner Brent Pietrafese Leads Legal Deal Team for CapitalWorks LLC in Acquisition of Safe-Way Garage Doors, LLC
- The Best Lawyers in America©,
- Brent Pietrafese Leads Legal Deal Team for MCM Capital Partners in MCM's sale of First Impression Iron Works
- Sixty-seven Calfee Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Lists; Two Calfee Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year"The Best Lawyers in America©,