Mark's experience includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, equity financings, corporate restructurings and other strategic transactions. He regularly provides counsel to private equity firms and their portfolio companies on corporate governance and general business law matters.
Mark was an associate at Jones Day from 2014 to 2018. He joined Calfee in 2019.
J.D., cum laude, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law; Articles Editor, The Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, 2014
B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2011
Mark’s experience includes having represented privately held entities and private equity firms, such as:
- The Riverside Company and its portfolio companies, including the sale of Blue Microphones, a manufacturer of high-performance microphones, to Logitech; the sale of Specialized Medical Services, Inc., a provider of oxygen and clinical respiratory services, to Lincare Holdings, Inc.; the acquisition of Spirion, a provider of IT security and data privacy software; the acquisition of Shaker, a provider of SaaS-based online pre-employment assessments used by employers ranging from Fortune 500 to middle market companies; and the sale of DentalPlans.com, an online marketplace for dental and healthcare savings options.
- MPE Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of Safe Fuel Systems, LLC, a provider of testing, repair, overhaul and modification services for fuel systems, hydraulics and accessories for aircrafts; and the acquisition of DreamLine, a designer, manufacturer and marketer of premium bath and shower products.
- High Road Capital Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of Nolan Power Group, LLC, a provider of stationary power solutions.
- Resilience Capital Partners and its portfolio companies, including the acquisition of certain assets of National Label Company, a leader in the labeling industry; and the acquisition of Trialon Corporation, a provider of outsourced test engineering and technical staffing.
- Cortec Group and its portfolio companies, including the sale of Franklin Energy Services to a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co.; and the acquisition of Chauvet & Sons, a developer and marketer of branded entertainment and architectural lighting products and equipment.
- Mr. Beams, an innovator of LED lighting technology in off-grid lighting applications, in connection with its sale to Ring Inc.
- PartsSource, a provider of medical parts and supplies procurement solutions for hospitals, outpatient clinics and physician offices, in connection with its sale to Great Hill Partners.
- OEConnection, an automotive parts technology provider for original equipment manufacturers’ distribution networks, in connection with the sale of 70% of its equity to Providence Equity Partners.
Professional & Community
Professional & Community
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Northeastern Ohio, Associate Board Member
News & Events