Matthew A. Chiricosta, Partner with Calfee's Insurance Recovery practice group, was quoted in the March 24, 2023, Law360 Insurance Authority article titled "CGL, Specialty Lines Pose Unique Hurdles for Opioid Claims" by Shane Dilworth.
The article discusses how several recent high-profile rulings rejecting insurance coverage for opioid suits under commercial general liability policies have companies looking to other policies to help cover their costs. In the article, Matt provides insight into the different approaches that companies can take in these situations, ultimately recommending that the best strategy for policyholders may be to first seek to obtain coverage from policies that pay potentially uncapped defense costs without eroding policy limits.
Read the full Law360 Insurance Authority article.
Note that this publication may require a subscription to access the referenced article. Contact email@example.com if we can be of assistance.
Susan M. Kurz
Chief Marketing & Client Development Officer
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, Media and the Arts
- Entrepreneurs and Emerging Companies
- Food and Beverage
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Health Care
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Recovery
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Partnerships, LLCs and Joint Ventures
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Real Estate
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Satellite and Space Technology
- Software and Information Technology
- Trade Associations