On episode 11 of Calfee NOW, Tim Day, Principal with Calfee Strategic Solutions, spoke with Eric Ellman, Senior Vice President for Public Policy and Legal Affairs at the Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) in Washington, DC.
Topics discussed included:
- Eric's work at CDIA and what he's looking toward for 2021 concerning data protection and data privacy
- The impact of the California Consumer Privacy Act on other states
- What to expect from the new Congress when it comes to privacy and data security legislation
- Where the incoming Biden administration could focus their attention when it comes to the data privacy debate
- Other policy and legislative issues CDIA will be focusing on in the future